Para-Professional Case Management Assistant
Currently seeking a Para-Professional Case Management Assistant for a 8-week temporary assignment at a Naval Medical Center located at Portsmouth, Virginia. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of broad based health care experience inclusive of 2+ year’s full-time experience within the last 3 years.
Responsibilities for Para-Professional Case Management Assistant
- Direct patient services, participation in Graduate Medical Education programs, and provision of ongoing care for an enrolled population.
- Follow all standard operating procedures of the NMCP and shall participate in educational and quality improvement programs within their assigned clinical area.
- Assist in collecting data related to patient outcomes and auditing data for accuracy.
- Prepare documents and reports required for internal and/or external groups in the scope of care coordination activities and/or data collection.
- Document activities and progress in medical charts, computer billing/utilization systems, or in other ways as directed.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external partners to address financial advocacy for patient/organization.
Requirements for Para-Professional Case Management Assistant
- A minimum of 5 years of broad based health care experience inclusive of a minimum of 2 years full-time experience within the last 3 years
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification
- Working knowledge of Intramural, or Milliman & Robertson criteria, OR ICD-9CM codes or a working knowledge of ICD-9CM coding principles
- Written certification of U.S. citizen
- Fluent in the English language and is able to read, write, speak, understand, and be understood to ensure that effective communication takes place with patients, staff, and other members of the healthcare industry
- Current Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) reading or an evaluation if they are a known PPD reactor. If not, will obtain at our expense for testing
- Knowledge of current rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to health laws, local, state, and federal rules and regulations, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards, and Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) regulations related to utilization, risk, and case management.
Job Seeker FAQ’s
Q. There are countless ways that I can find jobs on my own, why should I work with Dunhill?
Working with a Dunhill recruiter will ensure that your resume and qualifications stand out amongst the competition. We work on your behalf and showcase your experience in the best way possible. Additionally, many businesses are using staffing agencies to save time and streamline their hiring process. Dunhill has unique access to job opportunities that job search engines and classifieds do not.
Q. Is there a fee for working with a Dunhill Recruiter?
No there is never a fee for our candidates. If we place you in a job, our clients pay all fees.
Q. If I work with a Dunhill recruiter, am I obligated to accept a job?
No, you are not obligated to accept a position.
Q. What types of employment opportunities are available through Dunhill?
Dunhill provides staffing across all types of industries and positions for permanent and temporary assignments. We specialize in administrative, accounting, IT, engineering, and construction job opportunities.
Q. What types of companies does Dunhill work with?
Dunhill has the privilege of working with the best companies and government agencies in the state. We work with a variety of companies from large construction contractors to small legal firms. We also provide contract employees to various government agencies including the Hawaii National Guard, USACE, and Hawaii Health State Corporation.
Q. As a temporary employee, how and when will I get paid?
Your pay rate depends upon your qualifications, skill level, and job responsibilities. Dunhill issues paychecks every Friday for work performed the previous week.
Q. What kind of benefits will I receive as a Dunhill employee?
Dunhill offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and prescription, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. We also provide a 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan that Dunhill will match up to 4%.