Currently seeking a Construction Sales & Estimating Rep for an opening with a global commercial metals & steel company in Honolulu, HI. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Hawaii and have a heavy commercial civil construction background preferably in highways, bridges, stadiums, retail and large hotels.
Responsibilities of the Construction Estimator & Sales Representative
- Lead business development efforts through bidding projects, pre-construction meetings and long-term client retention.
- Meet critical deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Schedule planning.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings; bid strategy and presentation meetings.
- Support of other department personnel.
Requirements of the Construction Estimator & Sales Representative
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Construction Management, Structural Engineering, or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of Estimating and Construction experience.
- Minimum 1 year of Sales and Hawaii business industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Commercial, Retail, Heavy Civil, Bridge, or Large Hotel projects in the construction industry.
- Proficient in Construction Industry; Reinforced Steel and Post Tensioned Industry.
- Project Management experience.
- Time Management, problem solving and strong negotiation skills.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office, SAP, Soule, Autocad, Sales Force.
- Initiative and drive in pursuing customers and building long term working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to articulate the financial drivers of clients.
- Business and financial acumen.
Job Seeker FAQ’s
Q. There are countless ways that I can find jobs on my own, why should I work with Dunhill?
Working with a Dunhill recruiter will ensure that your resume and qualifications stand out amongst the competition. We work on your behalf and showcase your experience in the best way possible. Additionally, many businesses are using staffing agencies to save time and streamline their hiring process. Dunhill has unique access to job opportunities that job search engines and classifieds do not.
Q. Is there a fee for working with a Dunhill Recruiter?
No there is never a fee for our candidates. If we place you in a job, our clients pay all fees.
Q. If I work with a Dunhill recruiter, am I obligated to accept a job?
No, you are not obligated to accept a position.
Q. What types of employment opportunities are available through Dunhill?
Dunhill provides staffing across all types of industries and positions for permanent and temporary assignments. We specialize in administrative, accounting, IT, engineering, and construction job opportunities.
Q. What types of companies does Dunhill work with?
Dunhill has the privilege of working with the best companies and government agencies in the state. We work with a variety of companies from large construction contractors to small legal firms. We also provide contract employees to various government agencies including the Hawaii National Guard, USACE, and Hawaii Health State Corporation.
Q. As a temporary employee, how and when will I get paid?
Your pay rate depends upon your qualifications, skill level, and job responsibilities. Dunhill issues paychecks every Friday for work performed the previous week.
Q. What kind of benefits will I receive as a Dunhill employee?
Dunhill offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and prescription, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. We also provide a 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan that Dunhill will match up to 4%.