Currently seeking an Estimator in Construction to fill a position in the Honolulu, HI area. The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field with at least 2 years of experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
Responsibilities of the Jr. Estimator
- Share responsibility for cost accuracy with project team.
- Assist other estimators and managers in all types of estimating tasks.
- Prepare estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
- Read and understand contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
- Perform quantity take-offs, organize and price information.
- Solicit bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicate with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
- Prepare estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
- Prepare outline schedules for proposed projects.
- Assist staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
- Maintain normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Perform additional assignments as assigned.
Requirements of the Jr. Estimator
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
- Excellent working knowledge of Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
- Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Physically able to perform all job duties.
Job Seeker FAQ’s
Q. There are countless ways that I can find jobs on my own, why should I work with Dunhill?
Working with a Dunhill recruiter will ensure that your resume and qualifications stand out amongst the competition. We work on your behalf and showcase your experience in the best way possible. Additionally, many businesses are using staffing agencies to save time and streamline their hiring process. Dunhill has unique access to job opportunities that job search engines and classifieds do not.
Q. Is there a fee for working with a Dunhill Recruiter?
No there is never a fee for our candidates. If we place you in a job, our clients pay all fees.
Q. If I work with a Dunhill recruiter, am I obligated to accept a job?
No, you are not obligated to accept a position.
Q. What types of employment opportunities are available through Dunhill?
Dunhill provides staffing across all types of industries and positions for permanent and temporary assignments. We specialize in administrative, accounting, IT, engineering, and construction job opportunities.
Q. What types of companies does Dunhill work with?
Dunhill has the privilege of working with the best companies and government agencies in the state. We work with a variety of companies from large construction contractors to small legal firms. We also provide contract employees to various government agencies including the Hawaii National Guard, USACE, and Hawaii Health State Corporation.
Q. As a temporary employee, how and when will I get paid?
Your pay rate depends upon your qualifications, skill level, and job responsibilities. Dunhill issues paychecks every Friday for work performed the previous week.
Q. What kind of benefits will I receive as a Dunhill employee?
Dunhill offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and prescription, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. We also provide a 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan that Dunhill will match up to 4%.