Currently seeking an Operations Manager for an excellent job opportunity in Tamuning, Guam. The ideal candidate will hold a NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems, possess at least 10 years in the Fire Alarm Industry and have construction industry experience.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager – NICET III
- Oversee and manage both the Projects and Maintenance divisions of operations.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator and the Service Coordinator, spearhead the planning and scheduling for all of the projects and maintenance, from initial inspection, through design, material acquisition, installation, testing and final certification/turnover.
- Integrate with both the Engineering and Sales departments to achieve a higher level pre-bid walk-through and to help ensure high quality, competitive bids.
- Understand customer relations and be able to navigate the delicate balance between the customer’s needs and shifting competing priorities in a fast paced small business environment.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures as well as to company code of conduct policies.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner avoiding any injuries, damage to property, and loss of unused material(s).
- Maintain his/her knowledge and familiarity with industry standards (SHRM, etc.) and local standards related to the position.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining up-to- date professional certifications as necessary to properly perform the job functions.
Requirements of the Operations Manager – NICET III
- Two-year electronics degree from an accredited college or university.
- NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems.
- Minimum 10 years in the Fire Alarm Industry.
- Construction industry experience.
- Understand project life cycle, from RFQ through project acceptance.
- Experience with contract drawings, subcontracts, specifications, and change orders.
- Experience with construction language with the ability to effectively communicate with contractors, engineers and regulatory agencies personnel.
- Knowledge in federal government contracting including FAR is desirable.
- Work in a Sales or Public Relations role is preferred.
- Experience with an ERP software (Sage 100 Contractor or Timberline) is also desirable.
- Must be lawfully able to work within the USA.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must have proficient computer skills including use of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe PDF.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend acceptable business English.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
Job Seeker FAQ’s
Q. There are countless ways that I can find jobs on my own, why should I work with Dunhill?
Working with a Dunhill recruiter will ensure that your resume and qualifications stand out amongst the competition. We work on your behalf and showcase your experience in the best way possible. Additionally, many businesses are using staffing agencies to save time and streamline their hiring process. Dunhill has unique access to job opportunities that job search engines and classifieds do not.
Q. Is there a fee for working with a Dunhill Recruiter?
No there is never a fee for our candidates. If we place you in a job, our clients pay all fees.
Q. If I work with a Dunhill recruiter, am I obligated to accept a job?
No, you are not obligated to accept a position.
Q. What types of employment opportunities are available through Dunhill?
Dunhill provides staffing across all types of industries and positions for permanent and temporary assignments. We specialize in administrative, accounting, IT, engineering, and construction job opportunities.
Q. What types of companies does Dunhill work with?
Dunhill has the privilege of working with the best companies and government agencies in the state. We work with a variety of companies from large construction contractors to small legal firms. We also provide contract employees to various government agencies including the Hawaii National Guard, USACE, and Hawaii Health State Corporation.
Q. As a temporary employee, how and when will I get paid?
Your pay rate depends upon your qualifications, skill level, and job responsibilities. Dunhill issues paychecks every Friday for work performed the previous week.
Q. What kind of benefits will I receive as a Dunhill employee?
Dunhill offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and prescription, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. We also provide a 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan that Dunhill will match up to 4%.