One of Hawaii’s greatest philanthropists and community volunteer is seeking a Personal Chef at their 3-home estate at Hawaii Loa Ridge. Everyday views are the channels and pockets in the nearshore reef structures. To one side is Koko Crater and to the other is Diamond Head. Across the channel, Molokai is visible.
This personal chef's responsibilities include meal planning, shopping for ingredients, cooking, and cleaning up after the meals are made. On special occasions, this personal chef may manage a team of cooks or food prep staff. The personal chef and hired assistants may prepare foods that will be served to guests at a dinner party. This could be for a formal sit down dinner, or for a buffet style event.
Personal Chef will work closely with the client taking into consideration the clients' preferences when customizing a meal plan. It is important to follow these preferences carefully in order to ensure client satisfaction. Personal Chef must also have nutritional knowledge, as oftentimes a client needs to follow strict dietary guidelines or has food allergies. There are also some chefs that specialize in certain types of cooking, such as paleo, vegetarian, or raw food diets.
Responsibilities of the Personal Chef:
- Creating a customized meal plan.
- Shopping for groceries (at markets, grocery stores, etc.).
- Shopping for specialty items (organic, gluten-free, nut-free, etc.)
- Putting food away and storing properly.
- Stocking the pantry with the client's favorite items.
- Being diligent with food handling skills.
- Providing easy-to- read preparation instructions for clients.
- Cleaning up and sanitizing.
- Keeping up with nutritional information.
- Listening and understanding client needs.
- Improving culinary techniques.
Requirements of the Personal Chef:
- A Certified Personal Chef is a chef with an established US Personal Chef Association is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of two (2) full years' experience as a Personal Chef who is engaged in the purchasing, preparing, cooking and serving foods on a “cook-for- hire” basis.
- Responsible for menu planning and development, marketing, financial management, and operational decisions of a private business.
- Provides services to a variety of guests.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and nutrition.
- Ability to demonstrate measurable knowledge in defined areas of work experience, education, business and culinary group activities and participation along with personal awards and media exposure.
Job Seeker FAQ’s
Q. There are countless ways that I can find jobs on my own, why should I work with Dunhill?
Working with a Dunhill recruiter will ensure that your resume and qualifications stand out amongst the competition. We work on your behalf and showcase your experience in the best way possible. Additionally, many businesses are using staffing agencies to save time and streamline their hiring process. Dunhill has unique access to job opportunities that job search engines and classifieds do not.
Q. Is there a fee for working with a Dunhill Recruiter?
No there is never a fee for our candidates. If we place you in a job, our clients pay all fees.
Q. If I work with a Dunhill recruiter, am I obligated to accept a job?
No, you are not obligated to accept a position.
Q. What types of employment opportunities are available through Dunhill?
Dunhill provides staffing across all types of industries and positions for permanent and temporary assignments. We specialize in administrative, accounting, IT, engineering, and construction job opportunities.
Q. What types of companies does Dunhill work with?
Dunhill has the privilege of working with the best companies and government agencies in the state. We work with a variety of companies from large construction contractors to small legal firms. We also provide contract employees to various government agencies including the Hawaii National Guard, USACE, and Hawaii Health State Corporation.
Q. As a temporary employee, how and when will I get paid?
Your pay rate depends upon your qualifications, skill level, and job responsibilities. Dunhill issues paychecks every Friday for work performed the previous week.
Q. What kind of benefits will I receive as a Dunhill employee?
Dunhill offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision, and prescription, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. We also provide a 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan that Dunhill will match up to 4%.